Honest, direct communication is an integral part in all relationships.
Non-verbal communication such as body language is critical, but verbal can determine whether you’re an effective communicator or not. An effective communicator can separate the person from an issue or behavior that’s bothering you.
Does your communication to your boyfriend lift him up or bring him down? They say men are turned on by what they see, and women by what they hear. Relationship Expert Matthew Hussey disagrees, “When a man is truly into a woman, his brain becomes a recording device for certain phrases that trigger his attraction, prime his ego, or make him feel masculine and sexy.”
According to Hussey, there are five things that men want to hear:
- Men want to feel able to protect you – E.g. “I feel so safe around you”
- Men want to know you think about them – g. Men love it when they know you talk to other women about them
- Men want to hear you believe in them – Showing support is the best way to demonstrate that you have faith in him. E.g. “if anyone can do it, you can.”
- Men want to be able to care for you – Sometimes even if you’re the independent type, it’s nice to allow your boyfriend to take care of you. He needs to know that he has worth by providing.
- Men want to hear that you have self-belief